Currently in the restaurant we are serving our Gluten Free, Vegan-friendly loaf. Not only do the ingredients support a more wholesome, nutritional and easily digestible loaf that can be enjoyed by all; it is also delicious!
240ml Warm Almond Milk
240ml Warm Water
3 tbsp Veg Oil
2 tsp White Vinegar
2 tbsp Psyllium Husk
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp Flaxseed
420g Gluten Free Flour blend (140g Chickpea, 140g Tapioca, 140g Amaranth flour)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Coconut palm sugar
7g dried yeast
- Grind the psyllium husk, chia seeds and flaxseed to a coarse powder in a coffee grinder
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients
- Whisk the milk, water, oil, vinegar and the ground mix from part 1 until well combined. Allow to sit for 2 minutes to coagulate
- Pour the wet mix into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine
- Place into a bread loaf tin that has been lined with parchment paper and fill to half way to allow room for the loaf to rise and double in volume
- Prove for 45 minutes at 26°C in a hot cupboard or longer at room temperature until doubled in size.
- Bake at 160°C for 45 minutes until golden brown
- bread is ready when it sounds hollow when the base is tapped
- Allow to cool in the bread tin until it can be transferred to a wire rack to cool completely
Different flavours can be added to the bread instead of flaxseed, try out pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or linseed. Enjoy!