Natural Sea salt
Celtic or Himalayan brands are the most common.
“Naturally air and sun dried” collected by hand with wooden tools to preserve its living enzymes.
Unlike table salt, which in processing has stripped all of its minerals and trace elements except sodium and chloride.
Natural sea salt contains 84 minerals and trace elements. Table salt has 2 !! yes, 2….
This beautiful sea salt is gently hand harvested, sun dried and wind and is never touched by metal and nothing is added or taken away.
Naturally light grey in colour because of its mineral content. It is also moist and will not work in any type of grinder.
- Salt is essential for life itself but your body needs the right type.
- Celtic and Himalayan salt is 100% pure, If you are in the UK you can order from here.
- Over 90% of the worlds salt is produced for industrial purposes
- 5-10% of usage of salt in the world is used for food and that’s the problem! Most manufactures do not view culinary salt as the most important aspect of their business.
- Salt is harvested in marshes under the effects of evaporation, the use of wooden spoons to rake the salt to the edges of the pond, where it is left to drain overnight.
- Raw salmon and ocean trout
- Brine (to cure meat and fish)